Friday, February 13, 2009

For those of you who read the below post yesterday, I am so sad to say that Kristi passed away this morning. The wonderful part is that she is now in Heaven, pain free and cancer free...but my heart breaks for those left here on Earth that will miss her - her husband, 3 boys (their ages are around 6, 3, and 5 months), her parents and the rest of her family and friends.

Lately, I have had very blatant reminders of how precious life is - and how short our time on Earth is. I am more challenged now than ever to make the most of it - not to have regrets. Choose to forgive your husband if he does something that irritates you. Call a friend out of the blue to check on them. Send a card or email to someone just saying that you love them. Don't worry if your house isn't "perfect" or your clothes/shoes/purse aren't on Neiman Marcus' "Top Ten Must Haves for Spring" list. Who cares if you don't make the cutest crafts with your kids or bake the most "gourmet" Valentines Dinner. It's not all bad stuff but it just doesn't matter. I am writing this as a reminder to myself mostly, but I know we all struggle with getting caught up in what the world says we should do and we let those things define us and our self worth. There really is only one word. Jesus. He is all we need.

post signature

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

AMEN sista!

Joanna said...

LIBBA - I LOVE YOU and I love this post! Thank you for being so transparent.... like mother, like daughter. I am counting down the days until I get to see you in Auburn.